If you value teamwork and helping organizations succeed in their capital projects, we invite you to submit your application for our open position(s).
We are looking for a recent university graduate or someone with 1- 3 years related experience to join Valency’s consulting team as Project Consultant. If you are energetic, well-spoken, organized, enjoy tackling process and technical optimization challenges, and would benefit from working in an innovative, supportive and flexible work environment then we want to hear from you.
Valency is built on the power of teamwork and collaboration. If you are considering a career in consulting, we will provide you with the tools, training and mentorship to be successful in this fast-paced field. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects in different industry sectors and gain valuable, hands-on experience using best practices in construction project management. As your role evolves, you will have the opportunity to lead assigned projects, utilizing project management and facilitation best practices to ensure that client expectations are met.
The Project Consultant provides support to our Senior Consultants in conducting construction project management optimization and analysis for our clients. Our clients include capital project leaders from both the public sector and Fortune 500 multi-national corporations who are responsible for building and maintaining the next generation of infrastructure and assets for their organizations. We have a global client base so you will gain experience working at an international level across many different types of organizations and cultures.
- Assist in analysis of existing client processes in project management, capital project delivery and portfolio management
- Develop engaging presentation materials and prototypes for client meetings
- Assist in preparation of recommendations reports and related deliverables
- Schedule, coordinate and take minutes at client meetings and workshops
- Compile and complete quality checks on project status reports prepared by project managers
- Configuration of client project portals and workflow processe
- Design dashboards for project assurance and portfolio oversight using PowerBI
- Complete adhoc analysis for client projects using PowerBI Software
- Quality assurance for Valency’s web based project assurance software (Carve)
- Technical and user documentation for Valency’s web based project assurance software (Carve)
- Exceptional written and verbal English skills.
- Experience writing technical proposals and reports.
- Strong technical skills in Excel including use of pivot tables and macros.
- Previous work term experience related to construction projects with an engineering or architecture firm, or an owner of an industrial facility.
- Basic working knowledge of PowerBI or other similar data analytics tools.
- Basic understanding of configuration of workflows in software applications.
- Basic understanding of concepts of software quality assurance.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment on multiple projects.
- Ability to respond to challenges with initiative, resourcefulness, and creative thinking.
- Ability to focus on delivering results and work in a collaborative team environment, including the confidence to ask others for help when needed.
- Willingness to join in new tasks and expand your work experienc
If you’re looking for an opportunity for tremendous personal growth and a career path to an Account Executive role, we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and cover letter to:
We look forward to hearing from you!