This week Valency had the opportunity to take part in a forum run by Public Works and Government Services Canada, focused on supporting Canadian innovation and innovators.
The Build In Canada Innovation Program (BCIP)
If you’re not aware of it already, the Build In Canada Innovation Program or BCIP was created to bolster innovation in Canada’s business sector. It supports awesome innovations by matching the innovation with a federal department to utilize and test the innovation. We were introduced to BCIP a few years ago and have had the good fortune of being matched with a great government agency. The agency will test our Carve for PDRI software innovation as an enabling tool to help implement PDRI.
I wasn’t sure what to expect from the BCIP forum.
The forum was set up so that qualified BCIP innovators could share a bit about their work, and get introduced to government agencies. It turned out to be a very successful day; well worth the miserable traffic to get to Toronto.
What really struck me was the caliber of innovation that is happening in Canada. Ten different BCIP qualified innovators shared the stage to talk about the amazing things they are doing.
A few of the stand out innovators included:
- 2G Robotics with their subsea scanners, built right here in Valency’s hometown of Waterloo, ON.
- Bubble Technologies, providing technological expertise and innovation to help security agencies safely improve radiation, and explosives detection.
- Cold Block Technologies, changing the speed, accuracy and environmental impact of analyzing elements in mining samples.
- and of course Valency, which innovating in the world of capital projects delivery and improved scope definition with our Carve for PDRI system.
Here’s a bit about our innovation:
We’re pleased to be starting our work with an important government agency to test out Carve for PDRI. Stay tuned for a very exciting formal press release in the near future!
Special thanks to Sivaraj P and Manny Argiropoulos from the OSME (Office of Small and Medium Enterprises) for a great day, and thanks to BCIP for supporting innovation.
Latest posts by Mark Anderson (see all)
- Project Status Reporting: Help! We’re not spending our budget! - August 9, 2017
- Capital Project Risk Management for Project Managers [Video] - June 2, 2017
- We’ve Moved! Check out our new Digs. - April 7, 2017