Why apply for Certification?
Valency’s Certified PDRI Facilitator program demonstrates mastery of facilitation skills and knowledge of the Project Definition Rating Index for use in the front end planning phase of capital projects. Becoming certified confirms your commitment to effectively use CII’s Project Definition Rating Index (PDRI) to dramatically improve scope definition and achieve substantial improvements in capital project cost, schedule, and delivery against operational asset business objectives. Certification demonstrates the positive impact that you are having in your organization.
Who should apply for Certification?
Candidates are typically capital project professionals who are actively facilitating PDRI assessment sessions for their organization or their clients. Some organizations build a group of Certified PDRI Facilitators who can then provide objective facilitation services for each other’s projects.
- Completion of VAL-102 PDRI Principles and Practices is a prerequisite for enrolling in the Certified PDRI Facilitator program.
- Each certification candidate is required to pass an examination that consists of a suite of multiple choice questions that measure comprehension of the PDRI assessment process and related facilitation skills. The examination is offered online as VAL-102C. It is available only in English. The exam is typically completed at the end of the VAL-102 course, although arrangements may be made for alternate timing. A score of 70% or above is required to pass the exam.
- Once the pre-requisite VAL-102 PDRI Principles & Practices course and the related VAL-102C exam are successfully completed, the candidate is eligible to complete the Practical Assignment. This final component of certification involves demonstration of practical PDRI facilitation skills used in a real project. To complete the practical assignment, each candidate must:
• serve as the PDRI Facilitator for at least one capital project in the front end planning phase of development (PDRI-1, PDRI-2, PDRI-2i or PDRI-3) within 12 months of completing the VAL-102 course,
• prepare and submit to Valency the PDRI summary report,
• submit a PDRI session attestation form, signed by either the Project Manager or the Project Sponsor, and
• complete the Valency self-evaluation form based on the PDRI facilitation experience.
Recertification: PDRI Facilitator
Valency requires that you recertify this professional certification once every three years to ensure that you maintain the same level of knowledge demonstrated in your initial certification.
Certified PDRI Facilitators will be renewed with proof of completion of 7 Professional Development Hours (PDH) or 7 Professional Development Units (PDU) credits directly related to:
• Large group facilitation
• Front end planning best practices
• Risk management best practices
Recertification Grace Period:
Upcoming Course Dates
PDRI Principles & Practices (VAL-102)
Oct 10 – 11, 2018
10 AM – 2 PM EDT both days
Virtual Course – Adobe Connect
Past Course Participants
How to Complete Certification
If you have completed the educational perquisites, you are on the fast track to certification!
Only $99 until Dec 31, 2018
**Must have completed VAL-102 prior to Sep 1, 2018
Apply online to start the certification process using
discount code DEC31.