Introduction to Construction Readiness (VAL-124)
This course introduces Construction Readiness with a brief look at the missing requirements that prevent a productive start of construction, the impact of a premature construction start, and the benefits of construction readiness based on CII’s 2016 study on premature construction starts. As well, the Construction Readiness Assessment (CRA) and its role in preventing premature construction starts is introduced, along with Valency’s Carve for Construction Readiness, a tool used to conduct the assessment.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discover the reasons behind premature starts to construction
- Learn how the Construction Readiness methodology improves project performance
- Understand each of the steps in the methodology
- Learn about the supporting tools
- Identify categories that are relevant to your role
Who should attend this course?
Recommended attendees include Program Managers, Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Controls Managers, Design Managers, Designers, Quality Managers, Project Management Office leaders, Construction Managers, Technical Managers, Project Estimators, Contract Administrators, Quantity Surveyors, and others.
- Introduction to the instructor
- Course overview
- Introduction to the learning objectives
- Key terms
1.0 Introduction to Construction Readiness
- How do well-planned projects go off the rails?
- CII’s research on the challenges preventing productive construction
- Impact of a premature construction start
- What is Construction Readiness?
- How Construction Readiness adds value
2.0 Assessment Methodology
- Introduction to the Construction Readiness Assessment (CRA)
- Introduction to components of a CRA
- What is a Factor?
- Recommended Score Ranges
- When to conduct a CRA?
- How is CRA used?
- Introduction to the CRA process
3.0 Tools and Resources
- Introduction to Carve for Construction Readiness
4.0 Assessment Process
- Walk-through of Carve for Construction Readiness
- Assessment tab
- Readiness Chart
- Missing Factors
- Action Items
- Best Practices
- Summary Report
- Detailed information on each of the 15 categories of a CRA
- Review the benefits of Construction Readiness
- Review when to conduct a CRA and how a CRA can be used
- Course overview and learning objectives summary
- Next Steps
A certificate of completion will be issued to those who attend and complete the course. The course is conducted by Valency, a Registered Education Provider for the Construction Industry Institute (CII) and the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA).
THIS IS AN ON-DEMAND VIRTUAL COURSE
This course is part of Valency’s Project Assurance On-Demand Training Program